We’re going to start of journey of NFL Team inspired burgers with the Tennessee Titans. The burger is made of ground beef, which I dust in one of my favorite dry rubs, salt and pepper right before frying off in the pan. Before it’s finished, I top the patty with some jalepeno jack cheese, and homemade pulled pork (you can use store bought pulled pork, or pre-cooked rids and shred the meat. Once cooked, and rested, I top the whole thing with fresh coleslaw and a bit of BBQ sauce. Damn that’s a tasty burger.
Tennessee Titans Pulled Pork Burger
- 1 seeded burger bun
- 1/3 pound ground beef
- Olive oil
- Jalapeno Jack cheese
- Pulled pork
- Cole Slaw
- Your favorite BBQ sauce
Cooking the Burger
- Season the ground beef with a dry rub blend of salt, pepper, and (if desired) dry BBQ seasoning. Mix well, but don't over handle the meat.
- Fashion the ground beef into a patty, and “dimple” it in the middle.
- Place a small amount of olive oil in a skillet over a medium-high heat.
- Sear the patty in the skillet for about 4 minutes on each side.
- Place cheese on top of burger.
- Cover the pan for about 30 seconds, to allow the cheese to melt.
- Remove the cover from the pan, and add a generous portion of pulled pork to the top of your burger. You can make your own pulled pork, but the store-bought kind is delicious.
- Turn the heat to low and cover the pan again.
- With a spatula, carefully remove the burger from the pan and put it on a covered plate to rest for about 3 minutes.
- If desired, toast your burger buns.
- Place burger on bottom bun.
- Top the whole thing off with a pile of crunchy cole slaw.
- Add a bit of barbecue sauce to lend a smokey kick.
- Place the top half of the bun.
- Serve with a side of lettuce.
To top off this truly terrific taste of Tennessee, NFL fans 21 and older can enjoy this burger with a Jack & Coke.