Arizona Cardinals Guacamole Burger
My burger for the Arizona Cardinals was another pretty easy choice. I love the flavors of the Southwest, and I bring them to bear in this burger.
I start by fire roasting a Pasilla pepper (although you can use others), and then cleaning off the skin and seeds, leaving that slightly spicy, sweet flesh – which is my first burger topping. Along with the pepper I like to use fresh guacamole and pico de gallo. I’m using a chicken patty, so not to overpower the Southwestern flavors. The chicken patty provides a perfect platform for all these flavors to blend together.Ingredients
- 1 Burger bun
- 8 ounces of ground chicken
- 2 slices of Jalapeno Jack cheese
- 1 Pasilla pepper
- ¼ cup of GUACAMOLE
- ¼ cup of Pico de Gallo or SALSA
- Olive oil
- Using tongs, roast the pepper over an open stove fire, placing it directly on the element and turning occasionally for 5-8 minutes, until the pepper is blackened.
- Turn off the stove heat.
- Place the pepper in a plastic ziplock bag to sit for 10 minutes.
- Shape the ground chicken into a patty, and season it with salt and pepper.
- Put 2 Tablespoons of olive oil in a shallow, non-stick pan, and turn the heat to medium-high until the oil is hot.
- Sear the chicken patty. Hear it sizzle! Cook it for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Add cheese to the top of the patty while still in the pan.
- Cover the pan for 2-3 minutes until the cheese melts.
- Remove the lid from the pan and turn off the heat.
- Transfer the meat to a plate to rest for 3 or 4 minutes while you toast the bun.
- Place bottom half of bun on the plate.
- Place peppers onto the bun.
- Place burger patty onto the bun.
- Top with Guacamole and Pico de Gallo.
- Serve with a side of tortilla chips.
Here's hoping this spicy burger and the Arizona Cardinals bring the heat this year!
Comments (1 )