Buffalo Bills Chicken Wing Burger
For the Buffalo Bills the choice was pretty obvious, yes, you guessed it…a Buffalo Chicken Wing-style burger. In keeping with that flavor profile, I use ground chicken (turkey would work well too) instead of beef. I sear the burger with simple seasoning, and then drench it in wing sauce (see recipe).
I like to serve this burger on a toasted bun, then top it with extra chunky blue cheese dressing and fresh celery leaves to complete the tasty combination, hitting all the key flavors of one of my favorite bar foods.Ingredients
- toasted hamburger bun
- ground chicken or turkey patty
- olive oil
- seasoning salt
- wing sauce (butter, hot sauce & Worcestershire sauce)
- chunky blue cheese dressing
- fresh celery
- lettuce leaves
- Arrange some lettuce leaves on a plate.
- In a small bowl, put 1 Tablespoon of butter with 1 Tablespoon of Tabasco sauce, a dash of Worcestershire sauce, and a dash of salt and pepper. Beat it with a fork.
- Season a portion of ground chicken with salt and pepper, then form it into a patty.
- Put a Tablespoon of olive oil in a shallow, non-stick pan, and turn the heat to medium-high.
- Sear the burger for 3-4 minutes on each side, until the outside is browned.
- Remove the burger from the pan and place it in the bowl of hot sauce you made.
- Turn it over several times to coat the burger completely with hot sauce.
- Put a split, toasted burger bun on the plate of lettuce, and garnish with celery.
- Place the burger on the bun.
- Add a handsome helping of Blue Cheese dressing.
- Top it off with fresh celery leaves.
- Add the top half of the bun and you're done.
It’s a burger the Bills, and their fans, can be proud of!