Fettucini Pasta with Pork Sugo
Fettucini and Pork Sugo is one of my favorite pasta dishes. I tend to make large batches of the pork sugo and store it in the freezer. In this video, I’ll pulled some out and use it to dress some Fettucini. I think this sauce goes awesome with long strand wide pastas like this. You can either make your own, or obviously buy some fresh or dried pasta.
Recipe Overview and Keys to Success
Once you get your sauce done, the only thing you really need to watch out for is over cooking the pasta. You want to make sure you get a nice al dente texture; I generally go about a minute less than the package says.
You also want to make sure you don’t over dress the pasta and have it swimming in sauce - you’ve got to have a nice balance between the sauce and the pasta.
Ingredients for Fettucini & Pork Sugo
- Fettucini pasta
- Pork sugo (click here for recipe)
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Olive oil
Heat up the sauce
- In a large frying pan heat your sauce up to a simmer and turn on the lowest setting while your pasta cooks
Cook your pasta & combine with the sauce
- Follow the package directions for cooking the pasta/cook your pasta to al dente
- Once cooked, drain the pasta and toss into the sauce; stir to combine
- Turn the heat off, add a few tablespoons of cheese per person, and a drizzle of olive oil and toss
- Serve up in a pasta bowl and garnish with a bit more cheese and olive oil