New England Patriots Thanksgiving Burger
I grew up in the Northeast. For a number of reasons, I associate New England with Thanksgiving. So I tried to incorporate as many of those flavors as I could into my Patriots burger. For this burger, the patty is made of ground turkey, which I jass up with several traditional Thanksgiving stuffing ingredients. The burger itself is tasty, but then to top it, I’ll also make some maple syrup glazed bacon, add melt on a generous helping of Vermont cheddar cheese. To finish it all off, a beautiful chunky cranberry sauce. I'm sure you've got some more Turday Day favorites, that we can pile on as well! Now it can be Turkey day all year long!Ingredients
- 1 Kaiser roll
- 8 ounces ground turkey
- Turkey stuffing mix
- Poultry seasoning
- 3 strips of bacon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped carrots
- 3 ounces of Vermont cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons of chunky cranberry sauce
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Place bacon on a metal reck in a shallow tray, and cook it in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- Glaze the bacon with maple syrup.
- Flip the bacon and cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- Baste the other side of the bacon with maple syrup, and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Place a well oiled pan over a medium-low heat.
- Saute the onion and celery. Add salt.
- Add thyme and poultry seasoning to the veggies as they cook.
- Fashion a patty from the ground turkey, and dimple it in the center so it will cook more evenly.
- Season both sides of the patty with salt and pepper.
- Using your hands, combine the meat with the sauteed veggies.
- Sear the patty in the pan for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Flip the patty and add cheddar cheese on top.
- Lower the heat, cover the pan, and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Remove patty from the pan and let it rest on a plate for about 3 minutes.
- Split the roll, put one half on a plate, and add a good helping of cranberry sauce.
- Place the cooked burger patty on the cranberry sauce.
- Top with glazed bacon.
- Place top half of bun and cut the sandwich in half.
Serve with a side of stuffing (Stovetop cornbread stuffing works well here, but use any kind you like).
Dig in! And a happy Thanksgiving-style Day to all of you loyal New England Patriots fans.