St. Louis Rams Slinger Burger
St Louis has some great food choices, and it was hard to narrow it down, but once I found the Slinger Sandwich, the Rams inspired burger was as good a made. This version has seared beef patty but you can do it with just about any meat.
The "slinger" comes from the toppings...I start with a fresh cooked, homemade hashbrowns, some melted cheddar cheese, a good helping of pipping hot chili, and finally a fried egg. It's burger & breakfast monster, and it's delish!Ingredients
- Hamburger bun
- ½ pound of ground beef
- Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup of Chili
- Green onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- Ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- Peel and grate a raw potato.
- Immerse shredded potatoes in cold water for 10 minutes.
- Drain shredded potatoes by rolling them up in paper towels and squeezing gently.
- Place potatoes in a bowl and microwave them for about 90 seconds.
- Roughly shape a portion of the potatoes like a patty, and put it a hot oiled pan.
- Season potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Cook potatoes for about 5 minutes over a medium heat.
- Flip potatoes to cook the other side. When cooked, remove from heat.
- Form ground beef into a dimpled patty, and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Sear the burger in an oiled pan for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove burger from pan and let it rest.
- Coat a clean pan with cooking spray and fry an egg, seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Split and plate the bun.
- Place patty on the bun.
- Add hash browns to the patty.
- Top with chili.
- Add shredded cheddar.
- Top with fried egg.
- Sprinkle with chopped green onion.
- Place the top slice of bread and cut the sandwich in half.
It's burger breakfast monster, and it's delish! Wanna sip a St. Louis soft drink with your burger? Diet be damned! Why not wash it down with a Whistle or a Howdy? And how about a hunk of Gooey Butter Cake (http://www.top50states.com/gooey-butter-cake-recipe.html) for dessert?