How to Bake a Potato
There’s no great magic or mystery to baking a potato. But there is a bit of magic in how delicious they are. Baking a potato is one of the simplest cooking techniques out there, but properly cooked, you get a soft pillowy potato that you can add a bit of butter to for the perfect side dish. And then of course you can also add all those other great toppings, bacon, sour cream, chive, cheese for the fully loaded version. In this cooking video, I show you how to bake a potato, and you’ll see it’s as simple as 1, 2, 3. Enjoy!!
HOW TO BAKE A POTATO
- Traditional baked potatoes are made with Russet potatoes, and that’s my preference as well, but you can use any type you’d like
- Wash the potato and scrub the skin to remove any dirt
- Using a fork, poke holes in the potato, in 7 – 9 places all around the outside
- The holes will help release steam, so the skin of the potato doesn’t break
- Place the potato into a 375 degree oven to bake
- Generally the potato will take 30 – 45 minutes; but it really depends on the size
- You’re looking for it to become tender/soft when you press on it
- When they come out of the oven they are screaming hot, so I let them cool for about 5 minutes
- You can serve it simply with just a bit of butter, salt and pepper, or get really creative with the toppings.
Hope you enjoy it!!