I’ll admit that making your own pasta is a bit time consuming. But, I’ll also contend that homemade pasta is one of the best things you can make at home. While it does take some time, it’s not super hard, and there is a high level of satisfaction you’ll get from making your own. And it’s sooo tasty. In this recipe video, I show you how to make a homemade fettucini pasta – one of my favorite shapes. The fettucini noodle is broad enough to hold a sauce well, and once you have dough rolled out, it’s easy to cut. Let’s go ahead and get started.
Making Fettucini Pasta
- Obviously, the first thing you need to do is to make your pasta dough
- I use the well method, and in this video I who you how to make by dough
- If you’d like, you can use a mixer; but either way generally it’s just 2 eggs, to a cup of flour, a drizzle of olive oil, and a bit of salt
- Once you have the pasta dough made, roll it out into sheets into whatever thickness you’d like; in this video, I show you how to roll it out
- To cut the fettucini, you’ve got two options
- Option 1: If you have the attachment that cuts pasta, you can run your pasta sheet through the machine, and it will do the work for you. Most people I know, either don’t have the attachment, or don’t want to clean another piece of equipment….so
- Option 2: To cut the fettucini by hand, heavily flour one side of the pasta sheet. You’re looking to get enough down so the pasta won’t stick to itself
- Loosely roll the pasta sheet up so that floured side is on the “inside”, touching the other side of the pasta
- Once rolled up, use your knife to cut “rounds” out of the cigar shaped pasta sheet; about a ¼ inch wide; go through the whole roll
- Now you have several rounds cut off, and you can unwind them to form the cut fettucini noodle
- Again, heavily flour them to prevent from sticking. You can use them right away or they freeze really well.
- They won’t look as uniform as the machine cut ones, but who cares – that just shows they are homemade
There is a ton of great fettucini dishes you can make with this pasta. I’ve got several on the site, and am adding more every week. So you hope you make some fettucini soon, and leave a comment to let me know how it goes.