Dallas Cowboys Brisket Burger
I love Texas BBQ Brisket, and I just knew that one of the Texas NFL teams was going to get the Brisket Burger. The Cowboys drew the lucky card, so I drew my inspiration from the Cowboys. This burger is made of ground horse meat.
Just kidding. I use a seared or grilled beef patty topped with slow cooked, caramelized onions, and a gooey, melty, spicy pepper jack cheese. On top of that are thick slices of BBQ brisket, smothered in BBQ sauce. Now, that's a lot of burger, but as the saying goes, everything's big in Texas.Ingredients
- 1 burger bun
- ½ pound of ground beef
- 2 slices BBQ Brisket
- 1 whole yellow onion
- Pepper jack cheese
- BBQ sauce
- Olive oil
- Slice a yellow onion.
- Saute onion with a bit of salt in an oiled pan over a medium-high heat, for about 20 minutes.
- Heat the sliced brisket in a preheated 300-degree oven.
- Form a beef patty, dimpled in the middle, and season it on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat some oil in a clean pan and sear the beef patty on one side for about 4 minutes.
- Remove brisket from the oven.
- Flip the burger, cook for about 2 minutes, and place cheese on top.
- Kill the heat and cover the burger for about 30 seconds so the cheese will melt.
- Remove the burger from the pan and let it rest on a cutting board.
- Put BBQ sauce on the plated bun.
- Add the burger patty.
- Add the brisket slices.
- Add onions.
- Top it off with more BBQ sauce.
- Place top of bun and cut the sandwich in half.
This brisket burger is delicious! I tip my hat to the Cowboys. Yippie Ki Yay!