Detroit Lions Blues & Better Made Burger
While I knew early on that my Detroit Lions burger would be a "Blues" burger, I wanted to take it further than a standard blue cheese burger. A bit into my research, I found out that Detriot is a big potato chip town, and home of Better Made potato chips - ha ha...now I have my answer to the kicked up blues burger.
The patty is a beef burger, which I seared off quickly on the stove, and them topped with a simple blue cheese sauce. To add crunch, flavor, and all around cool-ness, I added some potato chips, and a bit more blue cheese crumbled on top. Detriot, I hope you love your burger.Ingredients
- Burger bun
- 8 ounces of ground beef
- Blue cheese
- Better Made potato chips
- Olive oil
- Form the ground beef into a dimpled patty about a half inch thick.
- Season patty on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Put olive oil in a pan over medium heat, and add a bit of flour. Mix equal parts olive oil and flour.
- Keep on lowest heat for about 5 minutes.
- Gradually add milk to the flour and keep stirring.
- Turn up the heat to boiling for 3-4 minutes.
- Put the mixture on lowest heat.
- Put a separate oiled pan over medium heat.
- Sizzle the patty in the oiled pan for 2-3 minutes, then flip the patty and cook the other side for 2 minutes.
- Add a bit more oil if needed.
- Remove the patty from the pan and let it rest for 2-3 minutes.
- Get the sauce to the consistency you want it.
- Season sauce with salt and pepper.
- Add blue cheese to the sauce and whisk until creamy.
- Place the burger on a bun.
- Add sauce to top of burger.
- Top with potato chips and add more sauce.
- Top with burger bun and cut the sandwich in half.
This concludes my Lions-inspired burger. I hope my Detroit fans love it!