Washington Redskins Red vs Blue Burger
While the Mid-Atlantic has it's own authentic regional cuisine, I couldn't resist making Washington's burger with a political spin. The Red vs Blue burger uses roasted red bell pepper to provide a sweet and savory flavor (not to mention the color red) to the burger. This is offset by the salty and tangy blue cheese melted over the top. It's a really simple combo that packs a wallop of flavor.Ingredients
- Burger bun
- ½ pound of ground beef
- Blue cheese
- Red bell pepper
- Ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- Roast pepper over gas jet for five minutes, turning occasionally until fully blackened.
- Form ground beef into a dimpled patty.
- Put roasted pepper into a ziplock bag, and seal the bag to steam the pepper.
- Remove the pepper from the bag and peel the skin off.
- Sear the patty in a hot oiled pan for about 2 minutes on each side.
- After flipping the patty over, add blue cheese on top.
- Cover pan so the cheese melts.
- Remove patty from pan and let rest 2 minutes.
- Split the bun.
- Place roasted, peeled red pepper onto half of the bun.
- Place blue cheese burger on top.
- Place top of bun.
That's one great burger, and one of my wife's all-time favorites! Not because I babysat our three-year-old while filming a cooking video and making lunch for the kids all at the same time, but because it's a damn good burger!