Jacksonville Jaguars Biscuits & Gravy Burger
I credit my wife, who spent time in Jacksonville, for the Jaguars Biscuits and Gravy Burger. Jacksonville is home to some great Southern cooking, which is exactly what I tried to create in this beef and sausage burger, served on a fresh baked buttermilk biscuit, with pan-cooked sausage gravy.Ingredients
- Buttermilk biscuit
- ¼ pound of ground beef
- 1/3 pound of ground sausage
- Olive oil
- Ground black pepper
- Cook batch of store-bought buttermilk biscuits, as directed on the package.
- Let biscuits sit for 5-6 minutes.
- Brown sausage bits in a pan with diced onion and a small amount of oil.
- Add a bit of flour, and add more oil as needed. Turn heat to low.
- Combine ground beef and ground sausage, and form into a dimpled patty.
- Mix the sausage bits as they cook.
- Sear the burger in a separate oiled pan, for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Add milk to the sausage bits and flour. Whisk to thicken into gravy.
- Season the gravy with salt, pepper, and parsley.
- Put the burger on a board to rest.
- Split the biscuit.
- Place patty on half the biscuit.
- Pour a generous helping of gravy over it.
- Place the top half of the biscuit.
This Jaguars Biscuit Gravy Burger is delish, but you'll probably need a knife and fork for this one!