Atlanta Falcons Peach & Prosciutto Burger
I knew I wanted to incorporate peaches into my Atlanta Falcons-inspired burger, and I found two ways to do it. First, I make a fast, easy jalapeno peach BBQ sauce, which brings out the sweet and the heat in both. Then, I top the burger with raw peaches, which still have their bright acidic flavor. For a salty complement to the sweet and spicy BBQ sauce, I make prosciutto "chips" (really easy), and use Feta cheese.Ingredients
- Burger bun
- 8 ounces of ground beef
- Feta cheese
- Jalapeno-Peach BBQ Sauce (see directions below)
- Vidalia onion
- Canned peaches
- Jalapeno, chopped
- White wine
- Fresh Peaches
- Prosciutto chips (see directions below)
- Ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- Saute one chopped Vidalia onion in an oiled, heated saucepan.
- Add half a chopped jalapeno to the mix.
- Season with salt and pepper, then cook for about 25 minutes.
- Heat up another oiled pan.
- Sear prosciutto slices until crisp, about 30 to 45 seconds on each side.
- Remove crisped prosciutto from pan and drain on a paper towel.
- Add canned peaches to the onions and stir for about 5 minutes.
- Add a touch of white wine and reduce for another 10 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons of BBQ sauce and stir until mixed and heated through.
- Let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Heat another oiled pan.
- For a dimpled ground beef patty.
- Sear the patty for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Add Feta cheese when second side is nearly done.
- Cover pan for 2 minutes (the cheese won't melt much).
- Remove patty from pan and let rest on a plate.
- Drop a good sized helping of peach-onion-BBQ sauce on a bun.
- Place Feta cheeseburger on top, and add more BBQ sauce.
- Place prosciutto.
- Top with fresh peach slices.
- Place top of bun and cut in half.
Mmmm. There's nothing like the taste of Atlanta, and this flavor combo is surprisingly fantastic!
Comments (1 )